View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I'd been taking Melatonin 3mg sub-lingual for a few weeks to see if it helped with my poor sleep, and found that it didn't make any difference.
Changed to 10mg capsules a week ago, and I think I'm sleeping a bit better. Still wake a lot but soon doze off again. On two occasions I've still been unable to sleep, so have taken a second Melatonin.
The interesting thing is that on both of the following days, I didn't have my usual waking sore neck/ headache, and was able to go until nearly 1pm before needing to medicate.
This is most unusual as I generally have to take something either first thing or mid morning, and even then can't function.
On my two good mornings I've able to do a few things that were not possible with my usual sore head.
I'll do a trial now to see if in fact the Melatonin is having this positive effect.
Have read a bit about it and there are studies which have indicated it can help with migraines and cluster headaches.
Fingers crossed!
Hi Peter. I'm Beth, new to this forum, with ON headaches. Is that what you have? I am glad to hear that Melatonin may be helping...what other OTC remedies have you tried? I am on strong meds now...but hate the side effects. I hope the melatonin helps!!!
BethD. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote