View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Attention I only use brand name seizure drgus...

Hi, Dave,

I have always only used brand name AEDs. For some reason, a few months back, I was given the generic version of Dilantin. I don't remember why as my seizures have been really bad over the last year or so. I imagine the reason was that my husband had been laid off from Dell Computer and we were having to find ways to afford meds.

Anyway, I had multiple grand mals.
I contacted the drug companies and requested help getting my meds during this time. The makers of my Lamictal, GlaxoSmithKline, Boniva, Rouche, and Celexa, Forset Pharmaceuticals, agreed to help me. I am very grateful to them.

I have taken Dilantin since I was 7 years old. I consider myself, "Job security" for the manufacturer!!

Unfortunately, the makers of Dilantin, Phizer, rejected my request and would not help me with my meds during this time. You do not mess with my Dilantin or I will seize. I was very disappointed with the company as I just needed a little help until he got another job.

Usually, if your doctor says, "Brand Name necessary," on the prescription, the insurance company will cover the drug. Check and see if that will work for you. I had this problem before and found that the insurance company HAD to respect this point and they covered the medication.

Be careful,
Sissylou
Sissylou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote