View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I was lucky and had a hysterectomy at the ripe age of 30. I had my period from the age of 11 and the last ten years before surgery I had my period every month, all month. No kidding, it was brutal! After years of male gyno's telling me I want to have more children I found a precious woman doctor who said no one should have to have a period so much. We discussed every option, which I had tried and I had the surgery. I think every woman should be allowed to have one when they are done having babies or what not.

So, basically I went through a partial menopause because my body was in shock since I still had my ovaries. Now the second half of menopause isn't so bad. It's like I am in denial because the docs say I am in menopause but the pessimistic part of me says "Honey, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!" My hot flashes are nothing compared to what some women tell. I get the night sweats, cold sweats thing but not as bad as some. The one thing that is bad is the moodiness. I can go from smiling to moody in ten seconds flat! lol Thank God for Zanax. That's what Jim says. haha
Kitty (02-12-2009)