View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 05:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi Rich,

I haven't had the Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) however my Doctors have said that it might be worthwhile as a last resort as I have very bad myoclonic spasms in my RSD leg!

One of my friends, who has severe RSD and posts on here sometimes (Rosie) has also said that her Doctor has recommended it however it could cause a potential spread or make her RSD a lot worse because of how severe she has it!

I would look into the treatment IF nothing else worked however, I think it is VERY risky and it is something that you would HAVE to do a lot of research into before agreeing to have the operation and weight up the possible benefits and risks as I am sure you have done!

How well does the DBS work for you???? I hope you are getting some real good results even though it is still early days and wish you the best of luck!!

Ali the surgery is a hard 1 but for me and getting my life back it was my last choice as i dont like drugs or what they to to me. Research is the KEY the best places to look are DR's that work with tremor and DBS
i can say it works i have had it for 8+ years i would never have gone through the surgery again unles it helped.Saying that i would leave it as a last last resort,....................if anybody has this installed be ready for a headache that lasts a month and is the worst you will ever have, then it goes and all is good
RC831MC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (02-13-2009)