View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum! I've had absence (petit mal) complex partial, and aura (simple partial) sz. for 37 yrs. now. I have been on both brand name drugs and generic. I've found that the generic drugs aren't as strong for me so my neuro gives me the brand name drugs. I've been on at least 13 different seizure meds (AED's) and then I had a DNA blood test to find out that I was drug resistant. You might want to have your neuro to a DNA blood test on you to find out what would be the best AED and drug level for you with the least side effects. I've found going to an Epilepsy Center at a University hospital the best thing I've ever done. I see an Epileptologist, neurosurgeon, and neurophycologists these Drs. work together as a team and found that I was able to have brain surgery to help reduce my seizures and I've found them way ahead of all the neuros. I've seen over the yrs. Take note and if you have a cold or a virus of some type where you are taking over the counter meds. it can mess up your drug level with your AED's because the over the counter meds will sometimes make the AED's go more slowly through the bloodstream and that can lead to sz. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote