View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywrestler View Post
I have learned one thing from reading on it i read something saying that sometimes your actually healed the brain is anyhow still yet your symptoms come from ''not letting it go'' or ''post traumatic stress disorder'' which follows PCS,i know i will pull out of this b/c my damage wasn't even visible,i have always been a nervous wreck kind of person so this injury made it worse and me worrying is haulting the healing process i think,b/c sometimes my symptoms will be going strong but if someone comes over and my mind goes away from it i don't feel them has ANYONE else had this happen to them before???and quick note Xananx has helped my symptoms tremendously when i take them that is they almost go away have you ever experiemced that PCS Mcgee???and why would that be happening??
Yes, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was definitely a key contributing factor to my brain not healing properly when I originally had my injury. A lot of people seem to think that only combat veterans and rape victims get PTSD, but people get it every day from car accidents, falls, and all sorts of other stuff.

I used Xanax for a while as a sleep aid. It was very helpful to that end, but you have to be VERY careful when using Xanax as it's an extremely powerful drug and one of the most addictive prescription drugs on the market. You can very quickly go from "using xanax when I can't sleep" to "not being able to sleep without xanax" if you're not careful. It's no surprise that it lowers your symptoms though, that stuff taps into a part of your brain that tends to make people feel like they're getting a backrub from Jesus, at least for a little while. The only real problem I had with the stuff is that once the drug would wear off I'd become extremely irritable, sort of like someone coming down from heroin or crack or something.

Anyway, if you don't mind my asking where are you located? There is a man in Denver who has light therapy that is just PROFOUNDLY effective for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. If you have any ability to see him I would recommend his services above all else.
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote