View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Hi MsL,

Thanks for this incredibly thorough post. I have printed copies of the attachments and very much look forward to reading them.

Four years ago, my then 13-year-old daughter was diagnosed with RSD following an ankle sprain. Thankfully she was diagnosed within 10 days of the injury, and her pain doctor quickly and aggressively began treating her with LOTS of meds as well as spinal blocks and a week-long epidural. Concerned about all the meds she was taking, I asked if that was a problem. The response I received was no, as long as her stomach holds up. Unfortunately it didn't, and she has really had a time of it ever since.

She recently started seeing a new doctor who is a medical doctor (a surgeon) as well as a naturopathic physician. His thinking is right in line with your post. He ordered a comprehensive stool analysis; and although I have not yet had the opportunity to discuss it with him, his office e-mailed me the results. It appears that inflammation, a lack of healthy intestinal bacteria, as well as immunities are involved. I am anxiously awaiting our conversation to see what his recommendations are.

My daughter has also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. One treatment that this doctor uses is an I.V. nutritional treatment called a Myers Cocktail. When I google it, it sounds like it is often helpful in treating both fibro and irritable bowel. I know that I.V. therapies can be a problem with RSD; but to date I.V.s have not been a problem. This doctor would definitely agree with the concept of your past that what goes on in the gut is totally significant to the health of the rest of the body.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and for the great post.

Jeanne
jenno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote