View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

What a beautiful thread, thank you so much for starting this Twinks - i'm sure it will help many people!

As most of you probably already know, my grandfather passed away in November 2008 and it is still SO hard for me and REALLY upsetting! It doesn't feel like he has been gone 3 months and strangely, it feels as though he is still here but I guess it is just wishful thinking unfortunately although a few days after my grandad passed away, everything in my bedroom started moving and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow of a person ... it really freaked me out so I went to my mum as I was really scared and my nanan said she had a similar experience also as all of the doors keep opening on their own in her house. My dad also said that when he has been taking our dog, Jack a walk, he has seen my grandads shadow stood feeding the ducks which is where he used to take me when I was a baby. No-one else has mentioned any strange experiences other than me, my dad and my nanan and we were the people that my grandad was closest to and still to this day, I think it was my grandad coming to say farwell before he left to pass to the other side and to let us know that he will always be here, even though we can't see him!

Not a day goes by where I don't think or miss my grandad. Losing him was one of the worst things I have ever had to do in my life and I don't think I will ever get over it fully. People say that it heals in time but I think it is just that we learn to cope with it better and remember the good times not the bad times.

I will never forget when I used to go to my nanan and grandads house and my grandad used to always be sat in his chair, with a card on his lap watching the shopping channel, QVC! He used to LOVE crafting and it gave him something to focus on and he used to always be showing me the cards that he made and making me watch all of his crafting channels ... it used to be pretty annoying at times as you couldn't go into their house without talking about crafting but I miss it SO much now and my grandad had a huge impact on me and used to help me make cards to try and take the mind off all of my pain!!!

I'll never forget when me and my nanan and grandad used to go away for a weekend on a small mini Vacation to a little rental house that we have on the seaside. We hadn't been for 2 years because of me being ill and I really wish I could have gone now just for one final time! My nanans already said that she will take me but it wont be the same without my grandad.

I'll never forget going to my grandads at Christmas. He used to decorate the house all over the place and it used to drive my nanan mad as everytime anyone talked, some novelty Christmas toy would set off and make a funny noise LOL. My grandad was a big baby at heart and all of the children used to love him and decorating the house made him feel happy and like he was doing something nice, not only for him but for other people!!!

I'll never forget the one time the lady accross the road from my grandad tried to get him to take off his cap. My grandad used to have this hat and it used to have a massive hole in it but he would never take it off!! He loved that hat more than anything and everyone used to try and get it off him but he would have non of it lol.

I'll never forget when he got a mobility scooter and he used to drive my nanan crazy with it - he always wanted to travel miles on it and my nanan didn't have a scooter so she had to walk everywhere bless her! Just before he died, he promised me that he would take me out in my electric wheelchair to get me out of the house and I wish I could have done that with him more than anything in the entire World!

There are lots of other happy memories that I have of my grandad but they are still too painful to think about at the moment although I am trying to think about them without crying ... it's hard but hopefully i'll get there one day. I have tears in my eyes after typing this post as it is still really painful remembering the happy memories but I am SO happy that I got to share these memories with my grandad and I will never, ever forget them for as long as I live. I only knew my grandad for 13 years but those years were the happiest of my life and he was the best grandad anyone could ever wish for - I really wish he could have been with us for a lot longer time and have got to see me grow up more, have my kids etc etc. Yes we had our differences, who doesn't but he was always there when I needed him the most and I wish I could have said all of the things I wanted to say before he passed away.

R.I.P Grandad - not a day or minute goes by where I don't think about you and I hope I can make you as proud as you made me. You were the best grandad in the entire world and I am so lucky to have gotten to know you and be able to call you my grandad.

Miss you forever but one day we will be re-united again!

Thanks again Twink for starting this post - it helps me get things out and i'm sure it does others!
misshayleesmom (03-03-2009), Twinkletoes (02-13-2009)