Thread: Do I Have TOS?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 12:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would look for a good neurologist and cardiothoracic surgeon close to your area. go far if you have to. misdiagnosis is expensive too. This is a tricky condition to find yourself with.

I read a lot of posts and I know exactly what they're talking about. it could be TOS and/or now PMS (pectoralis minor syndrome) which I realize now I've had that too, thanks to this forum.

As for your MRI, it's still an abnormal finding. It can cause you problems. Be glad you don't have more.

Your symptoms sound familiar too. If you're able to play football twice a week, you get the toughman award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjeans View Post
Hi,

I've been having symptoms for the last 14 months.. they drive me mad and the Doctors just say I am anxious... Thats because my symptoms are subtle and often mostly absent when I visit them.

Heres my info:

Triggers

Big meals
Stress... not 100% sure about this one.. maybe anxiety doesnt help
Bad posture
Usually an evening thing.

Symptoms

· Weak, aching arms. Mostly left arm but occasionally right. When arms in this state difficulty with manual labour.
· Cold arm, occasional numbness
· Cant lift telephone to ear for more than a few minutes
· Angina like pain in chest at any time
· Stiff shoulders (suspect bad posture, lack of movement)
· Inflammation around collar bone – general feeling of swollen shoulder and collar.
· Can press nerve in centre of collar bone and it radiates down to chest where angina symptoms occur, and down arm. Nerve feels sensitive when angina symptoms bad.
· Can see heart beating in my neck and collar
· Leg pain?? Suspect different

Things that it doesn’t stop me doing (but doesn't help)

Running, football, exercise. I do get occasional shoulder blade pain after prolonged running but suspect not related. Go to gym twice a weak and play football twice a week. Drinking alcohol.

Treatment to Date

Chiropracter – sorted some temporary neck pain but not main problem

Tests Carried Out

MRI of neck – C4 slightly trapped but nothing bad apparently.
EMG – textbook
ECG – twice – both textbook
Chest X-Ray for thoracic rib – Negative. It was normal.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote