View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS McGee View Post
Yes, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was definitely a key contributing factor to my brain not healing properly when I originally had my injury. A lot of people seem to think that only combat veterans and rape victims get PTSD, but people get it every day from car accidents, falls, and all sorts of other stuff.

I used Xanax for a while as a sleep aid. It was very helpful to that end, but you have to be VERY careful when using Xanax as it's an extremely powerful drug and one of the most addictive prescription drugs on the market. You can very quickly go from "using xanax when I can't sleep" to "not being able to sleep without xanax" if you're not careful. It's no surprise that it lowers your symptoms though, that stuff taps into a part of your brain that tends to make people feel like they're getting a backrub from Jesus, at least for a little while. The only real problem I had with the stuff is that once the drug would wear off I'd become extremely irritable, sort of like someone coming down from heroin or crack or something.

Anyway, if you don't mind my asking where are you located? There is a man in Denver who has light therapy that is just PROFOUNDLY effective for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. If you have any ability to see him I would recommend his services above all else.
I'm in Gatlinburg,Tennessee,as for the Xanax I am so surprised that it isn't a drug given to people with PCS b/c i can honestly say it 100% makes my symptoms go completely away it truly has been a miracle drug in all of this,i worry about getting hooked but then on the other side i tell myself a couple of 5mg Xanax can't be that bad,however i know it can lead to addiction but i can't live my life like this everyday at this point anything to make it go away i will take.
tommywrestler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote