View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 01:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Holly -- My DH suggested Origami, too. DS used to have a box of it that he never used, but, when we looked in his closet, we couldn't find it. So, maybe we got rid of it. Might see if "A" is interested.

Brain teasers? I don't know, either, where to look for that, or even what, exactly, it is, but, maybe I could google it. I wondered about Sudoku puzzles. He didn't seem very interested in crossword puzzles or mazes, though, so I don't know if he'd be into paperwork kinds of activities.

Maybe, designing an activity for younger kids. I might try some other things out first, and, get to know him again (he used to be in a licensed day care home that I ran 5 years ago -- he's kinda special to me), Then, see about that.

Ali -- I don't expect that the day care would spring for a $30 activity. They got on my case for making too many copies of coloring pages -- I was told that one per day per kid is enough. Sounds like fun, though.

Greeting cards might be fun. Valentine's day is just about over, and I don't really have supplies together to plan anything great fot that, but I can keep that in mind for the future.

Someone else suggested to me that maybe he could make his own comic book. I might pitch that idea to him.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sandy -- We have only one computer in the room, and an hour, 4 days per week, when it's available. With 16 kids, that would only give him about 15 minutes per week. Won't fill a lot of time that way.

Hopefully, he can enjoy the being a helper thing.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for your ideas.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote