View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello BlueMajo,

In my experience, I don't reach out to others when I need it the most. I keep a daily journal, to have a better understanding of myself (very poor memory). I can see that there are chunks of time, in which I don't write in the journal, and those are my absolute lowest days. Days which I seriously would rather die, I will not reach out for help. I'd therefore reach out now, while I am feeling a little better.

You don't have to wait for suicidal thoughts to come before you get help. It's better that you don't. The sooner you reach out for counseling, the easier it is to overcome. Start with a psychologist, or social worker, to work through your issues. In America, psychiatrists pretty much stick with the physiological changes occurring in your brain. We still need a therapist to work through it psychologically. Support groups can be very helpful to some - but, I'd wait to get a doctor's recommendation of the one/s that may be best for me.

I do take medicines to help control my depression: Effexor XR and Buspar. I'm pretty "against" taking supplements, due to increased risk of seizures. I have refractory epilepsy, traumatic brain injury, and migraine headaches. Simply not worth the risk for me. Aren't you glad you asked? LOL

Best wishes!
Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-13-2009)