View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanjpullen View Post
Does anyone else have this problem?

I've had my test results back now (spinal tap, EMG, bloods, etc) and they are all clear (thank goodness).

The Neurologist says that we will probably never know what caused the nerve damage, but the nerves are beginning to heal themselves.

He's not sure to what degree they will heal.

The problem I am left with is caused by cold and by draughts. I get pains, ranging from mild through to debilitating.

This means that I have to use a walking stick (much better than before, when I was using a zimmer/wheelchair combo so I'm grateful for the fact I can walk at all).

The degree of limitation in walking varies from barely being able to to walking pretty easily, and all because of draughts and cold.

At home I sit in a sleeping bag, which I find helps. I find having a warm bath before bed helps too.

Has anyone else got this problem, and if so what ways have you found that help this?

Many thanks.
I have something similar. So far no muscular weakness but I do have "burning cold"...if that makes any sense. All of my tests including skin biopsy were normal (so what is going on). Right now I having burning feet, legs, hands and arms and yet am really cold. I have four lays on and a blanket with thermostate at 74 (hubby cant stand it any warmer). I, too, love a really warm to hot bath. Somehow the hot water (not really that hot) seems to decrease the burning with decrease in all symptoms. I have no idea what is wrong with me (all thyroid tests fine). Some days are worse than others (like today). I feel like mine is slowly getting worse. Also, do you find you cant stand many fabrics touching your skin? I find I have to wear some underwear (even though it is silky to touch) inside out as that leaves the rougher edge outside and the soft side next to my skin. Fortunately, I can still put regular clothes (nothing wool or even close) on top so it is not obvious!
sbvcrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote