View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1967 View Post
I'm glad I stumbled on to this site..... I just spent the last 3 1/2 years thinking I was going crazy and just excepting that I would never feel good again. ...

What a nightmare!! I hope no one else ever has to be robbed of their life like I have been...
It is a shame. They call it mental illness. They call it nothing. It is not nothing. It is not mental illness. It is so easy for doctors to label anything and everything as "nothing" or as "mental" by just not looking.

No, you are not going crazy... don't accept that you'll never feel well again. Scratch "crazy" and just below the surface you find the medical issues.

A family member also had burning neuropathic pain, fatigue, abdominal issues. Her cognition and mood was affected. That was called nothing and mental also. And that was a child. Another of the children they said had ADD and put on a stimulant and she went bonkers. The doctors didn't stop to question what physically was going wrong with these children that they had these problems. (If parents are searching, see www.itsnotmental.com blog info)

B12 deficiency and its symptoms can be insidious. But there are a host of problems that can contribute. Methylation of the B vitamins, or the gluten problem causing malabsorption... or both. There can be more than one problem.

I'd get an extensive nutritional profile. There are many labs that can do this. Lab Corp, Quest Diagnostics... and some private labs like at www.Genovadiagnostics.com, www.greatplainslaboratory.com, www.lef.org and many more... or even use a combination of them for different things.
Jaspar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote