View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue barbour View Post
I feel for you guys but please tell me how this got so far out of hand ...Here is my story ..had shoulder surgery on nov.18 09 never got rid of the pain on cut they made on top of it first doc kept telling me its find this is normal,so with no help from him after giving me sleeping pills,pain pills,creams,and any thing his PA could find I went to a new doc it was hard to find one that wasnt in with the same company but when I did she took up look at me and sent me to her pain management,got my first block and got some releaf go for 2 more in the next 2 weeks I am hoping for a cure with the shotsBut after reading the hell you guys have been in for most of your life I'm not so sure,Is it because it was not coute in time or what,now I'm not sure if I should get the block or not someone please tell me how long you had this before a doc did anything for your pain......?????
[F]Hi Sue, I had shoulder arthroscopy at the end of April last year. Second day after surgery, my arm, hand and shoulder be came very swollen and unbelievably painful. After 4 weeks of the madness, I self-referred for an EMG/NCV which was positive and the neuro told me to go to pain management within a week or two if not better. I then self-referred to pain managment at 6 weeks post and had my 1st stellate block the next day. I have had 5 now, mostly because PT aggravates my causalgia symptoms but at least the blocks work temporarily for me, if nothing else. I have fortunately not returned to the awfull, intensity of pain that I had pre-blocks. I think that if they seem to help, you should continue until you feel they stop helping. That's where I'm at too.[/FONT]
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote