View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I share your feelings on this ... new world. I have good days and bad days. Sounds like you have a similar situation. Weird? Frustrating?

I have seen a very good Neurologist and a very good Rheumatologist and don't know much more than I did a few months ago. My PN and Trigeminal Neuralgia may have been masked while I was on morphine and other opiates. I started my detox last July 19th (on my own, as my Pain Med doctor's staff were horrible ... would not let me see him ... prescribed the wrong drugs for detox, etc.).... my RLS went nuts on the drugs they gave me. My Neurologist got that straightened out, then my Trigeminal Neuralgia started. We got that stopped.

Now my feet will quit working some times, other times my knees will not bear weight. My various bones, joints, etc. malfunction and are painful at various times. The pain usually only lasts about 10-30 minutes, with exceptions. My Rheumatologist has started finding out what it "isn't" and has set up a second battery of tests, MRI's, etc.

So my weirdness may slow down if this Rheumatologist is as good as they say he is. Thirteen xrays and over 18 blood tests so far. As I say, he is narrowing down the problems. Hopefully you can find a doctor to help you find your way through this "Mine Field" we seem to have wandered into. I have fallen so many times my wife just steps over me (after asking if I am ok) and waits for me to "get better". I have a Power Chair to use in the house and I am getting pretty good with it. (My Service Dog still prefers to jump up in my lap so I won't run over her feet.

sbvcrn - best wishes on finding some answers.