View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 02:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone...

Something I've learned in the past is that 'prescriptions' are always more expensive...but if you have a health plan which covers it, are the way to go. Most plans won't cover stuff that can be bought off the shelf. But supplements like iron pills, calcium, etc...they are more economical to buy off the shelf.

I buy them from a health food store. Costco carries quite a selection, and they are more economical thru them. But make sure you CHECK THE LABEL. Not all vitamins are created equal. Usually those from the grocer with the 'store' label aren't usually as good. Yes, they have the same ingredients in them, but they don't cut it because the body doesn't absorb them as well.

I know people will start saying something about this comment, but a family member is very involved in the supplement/health field...so it's information I learned from his 20 plus years of experience. Certainly won't hurt to mention the fact his former significant other had over 30 years experience and works at an organic health food store. So my source of information comes from a solid position.

And yes, even people in the industry trying to sell their products to a retailer will claim that 'their' product is better than the competitor...I've been at a business brunch when that happened.

Lydia
littlekitten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
erinhermes (02-14-2009)