View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 05:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp_fanatic View Post
Curious and everybody! Thank you for being "curious" about my predicament. I hope a good nights rest will help. I probably just pulled something funny or streached something wrong (without knowing it)

However, I think my shunt pump may have moved (a long time ago).... That or I got a little "padded" without knowing it.
Hi, I had similiar problem a week ago and fears were my shunt was blocked in the adomen. But I was surprised to learn that my shunt ends, not at the end of the incision in the belly, but way over by my right hip. The X-ray tech did an ultrasound of the stomach and then an X-ray to find where my shunt actually ended. I too, feel my shunt has shifted at the top end down a couple of inches. What I was surprised to learn is that it doesn't end at the bottom of the incision, but actually extends all the way to the far right side just about the right hip. X-ray tech and doctors now wants CT-scan of abdomen to investigate further. But I'm still getting the stomach pains. So, I, too, really don't know why...Jeff
jeff179120 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote