View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvcrn View Post
I have something similar. So far no muscular weakness but I do have "burning cold"...if that makes any sense. All of my tests including skin biopsy were normal (so what is going on). Right now I having burning feet, legs, hands and arms and yet am really cold. I have four lays on and a blanket with thermostate at 74 (hubby cant stand it any warmer). I, too, love a really warm to hot bath. Somehow the hot water (not really that hot) seems to decrease the burning with decrease in all symptoms. I have no idea what is wrong with me (all thyroid tests fine). Some days are worse than others (like today). I feel like mine is slowly getting worse. Also, do you find you cant stand many fabrics touching your skin? I find I have to wear some underwear (even though it is silky to touch) inside out as that leaves the rougher edge outside and the soft side next to my skin. Fortunately, I can still put regular clothes (nothing wool or even close) on top so it is not obvious!
Yes I totally find that with fabrics!!! I get a burning cold... I've described it as an acid burning... or like the time I found myself in Vienna and it was minus 10 degrees, and I had on thick boots and a thick coat... but there was a gap between the boots and the coat. When I got back to my room, my legs where the gap was were bright red... burning... but freezing cold... it is so like that.

I find that I'm having to wear thermal leggings and leg warmers under my trousers... and sit in a sleeping bag in the living room.

I've got an overactive thyroid, but they've said it is not related to that... I'm due to get 'zapped' (radio-iodine treatment) within the next 3 to 4 months, and then it will take about 6 to 8 months for that to work... but they've said that won't have an affect on my leg problems.

Sometimes I feel like I'd like to live in a nice, warm bath... its so enjoyable to have the freedom away from the symptoms for a while.

Good luck with finding out what's causing yours... they've said they don't know what mine is and won't be able to find out... and there is a chance that it may one day disappear by itself. I hope yours does too.
susanjpullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote