View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good morning everyone~
Sorry you were so sick Sher! Sinus infection is painful--first hand experience here! I hope you're on the getting better side! I also hope things in your life are getting better for you too honey! You SO deserve it!

You keep busy Billie! That helps keep your mind occupied. I'm glad you like your new house--how did Bear make the transition? I'm sure he'd be fine anywhere you are! Keep on keepin' on honey! I think about you a lot and still need my red boa many days!! My angel!

I'm doing remarkably well--not that oral surgery is brain surgery or anything serious. I was telling BS last night that I kinda had a revelation--no, I didn't see Mary anywhere or anything, jeesh.

I was given Darvocet, Iboprophin (sp) 800mg and an antibiotic all to be taken 4 x's/day and I feel like a new woman. I take these on top of all of teh other meds. I had to bring in a list of all I was on so there wouldn't be any interactions. Yesterday I wasn't on here cuz I was in the kitchen baking two batches of Christmas cookies. Yeah, I caught myself whistling to the Christmas carols I had playing. When I stopped to think about my pain levels, I rated them at about a 2-3--piece of cake, walk in the park!!

I am used to tolerating a 5-6 daily. It is just part of my life. I've accepted my life with that pain level. Why do I have to? Why can't I whistle every day? Why can't I enjoy life with pain levels (pain level of 2-3? THAT'S pain??) of 2-3? Why do I have to accept my life with pain of 5-6? Why can't I be happier? I'm 50 years old, not 80. I'm not ready for teh fox farm yet, right Sher!! I hardly noticed my feet, legs, joints, back or neck, and I was baking for four hours! Of course I overdid it, and suffered, but do you guys understand what I'm saying?

OK, I'm done now. I see my Internist at Mayo on the 14th, and I am going to be talking about this. He's the one who prescribes the Tramadol. He prescribes all of my meds, believe it or not--even the meds coming from teh Neurology dept. It's a strange situation. I don't know what's going to become of this, but I wanted to share with you guys.

I'm off to the grocery store for my morning walk. You guys behave today, ok? Yesterday we only got a warning, but GC and that d@mn skateboard...... could you PLEASE leave it home just ONE time???? We only have one grocery store in town, and I know I am dieting and all, but I DO need to get SOME groceries!! The next town is 15 miles away! Oh, I plan on baking some more cookies this afternoon. I give most of them away for Christmas presents. One year I had over 2,000 in my freezer! It's therapy for me.

AND box of candy update: I gave it to my girlfriend that took me to my oral surgery appointment. She took it home to her hubby and son. ALL GONE!!

Get your tennies and lipstick on BABES! Here we go!!
Hugs,
LS
PS--sorry, no time to proof--get over it!! hehehe
PPS-SueBabe-Morning--you snuck in on me while I was typing! Get your walking shoes on honey!!!