Thread: Methadone
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Debbie;
Just thought I would let you know I have been on Methadone for the last year now for my RSD. I have taken it several times with Xanax. Normally I take Oxy, Methadone, Lyrica and Cymbalta - I feel like a pharmacy alot! I do have to admit it has helped my pain. The methadone has to be taken for awhile to build up in your system. I felt no side effects from it. But, it took me several months of my dr suggesting I take it before I started - mainly because of the stigma attached to it. It is such a big step to try to get pain relief. The first several days of taking it I did not feel good, but I think I was so aprehensive of taking it - I mentally made it harder than it was - I kept looking for bad side effects that would effect me even though there was none. Perhaps, call the pharmacy to see what they say about the Xanax. Then give yourself say a week to try it. I'm not sure if your dr prescribed it at nite - but maybe take it in the afternoon so it wont disturb your sleep. It has helped me with the pain - if you can do it - I suggest trying it. RSD is the pits - I hope you have a better nite!

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MominPainRSD (02-15-2009)