Old 02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezbut View Post
Hi Melody,

The divorce attorney ought to know. It is very sad that it's come to this though

In my personal experience, the SSA money goes to the one disabled. He *may* be required to make some type of personal payments to her, for spousal support, and she ought to get half of the estate. But, I'd recommend that your friend see an attorney to help her get what is hers.

Best wishes!
Shez
She has an attorney. Last year she had papers drawn up (they'v been doing the fighting, making up etc. etc. for over 30 years.

But now it's bad. There is no communication. And 5 minutes ago, as Alan and I were going out for our Valentine's day meal, we bumped into the husband. I said "Hi, Happy Valentine"s day" and he responded "why?, I don't have a valentine". I said "Are things that bad???" and he said the following to me and my husband:

"That bad?? you will see a FORE SALE sign on my house by next week. I just bought a house in Staten Island" I said "you did what???"

He said "you heard me". I then blurted out "Does your wife know about this new house?" and he said: "I don't have to tell her anything, I have my own money"

You should have seen the look on my husband's face. We don't have this kind of toxic marriage where name calling is thrown back and forth and then you make up one month later.

So we're looking at him and he goes "I can't wait to get out, and besides, SHE WANTS THIS".

I just said "I'm so sorry things have turned out this way, I hope you do well"

WHAT THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO SAY?

And do I tell her what he said:

I don't want to be in the middle of this. I have a feeling he told me this so I could go back and tell her. I have no idea if he's just shooting off his mouth.

I also don't want NOT TO TELL HER, and then she finds out and says to me "why on earth didn't you tell me he bought a house?"

Good Lord, the stuff that some people do to other people.

I told her "you need a plan, and you need a good lawyer".
She knows this.

do I tell her what her husband told me?

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote