View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am SO glad to hear that your nerve block yesterday went well Cheryl and really hope that the next one before your trip goes well and that you get even more pain-relief!!

I was just wondering, has anyone mentioned a condition called Dystonia to you?? I know you mentioned having symptoms of 'Frozen Shoulder' but I just wondered whether you might have Dystonia as a LOT of the symptoms are the same!! I have both CRPS AND Dystonia and my Pain Management Doctor said that Dystonia is very common in RSD patients although not many doctors know about it unfortunately. Dystonia causes limbs to lock into un-natural positions, develop muscle atrophy and muscle spasms etc etc.

It might be something worth looking into if no-one as mentioned it to you already. Before I was diagnosed with the RSD/CRPS no one knew what was causing my foot to stay rotated but then my Neurologist took one look and knew immediately what was causing the problems and put me on a muscle relaxant to try and help.

I hate that you are having to deal with all of this on top of the MS and really wish I could help you in some way. If you have any questions, please know that I am here for you!
Aarcyn (02-17-2009), tovaxin_lab_rat (02-14-2009)