Thread: chi machine?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 06:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default chi machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Thank you for posting. Can you tell us what your initial symptoms were, and over what time frame they progressed that sent you to the doctor? Also, do you know if you have the ridigity-dominant form of PD or the tremor-dominant form? If your doc didn't tell you, you can pretty much tell from which symptoms predominates.

It is interesting that you have "sciatic type" back pain, what do you mean by that? Did that begin before other symptoms, or was it first? Do you remember falling, which might cause that pain? Sorry to be so nosy, it's just that these machines are pricey and I'd like to know how similar your situation is to ours so I can get a better idea of whether/how it might help.

Thank you very much for your posts.
I went to my PCP in Nov.08 because I was having tremors,more internally,also my right leg would not always move. I was having pain in my hips, buttocks and the right leg .

Since I have Atrial Fib I attributed the fatigue to that,as I get shortness of breath on exertion. I saw Neuro for a consult,she is a MDS,did not say much and I told her I wished to research the disease before taking any meds. She dx early stage PD. I do stretching and deep breathing,walking,moderate pace.
Thankfully the pain is much less and I take many herbals including
Mucuna,which i feel is helping. I had muscle pain for months prior to noticing the tremors so the onset was probably prior to Nov.
I find using the Chi Machine seems to help . I got mine years ago for 100.00 .
Last night we were at an event and I did several slow dances with my DH, have not tried to swing dance yet,the rigidity seems to come when I am moving from a stationary position,when I am walking the dog I do not have it.I can swing both arms and touch my toes.
I also have switched to Organic water processed decaf coffee and other
Organic products.I am thankful each day if what I am trying is helping me.
I have a cardio appt. and another Neuro appt later this month.Hope this helps.
Joy
trubrit4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote