View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What lessons has MS taught you about yourself when you realized you couldn't do something anymore...or at least not the way you had before...and how did you adapt and find new ways in your lives? And what lessons have you learned when you tried to do something you thought you couldn't...and succeeded because you weren't afraid to fail?

MS has taught me that when I cannot do something physically anymore, then enjoy watching others do the activity, and be thankful that you had your time. My wife, for example, just finished her 100 mile ride a few minutes ago and she averaged over 15 mph (route maps shown below). That makes me feel great! Wishing I could still do that would not be beneficial.

There have been times when I thought I could not do something because of my MS, but found that unless physical barriers were present, I could do those things. The personal lesson for me is to keep always trying until you fail, and then create a new mental image of what success means for that given task. That has helped me a bunch.

-Vic
Attached Thumbnails
So what have you learned?-ride-route-jpg   So what have you learned?-ride-aerial-jpg  
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
4boysmom (02-16-2009), Desinie (02-21-2009), SallyC (02-14-2009), SandyC (02-15-2009), TXBatman (02-16-2009)