View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywrestler View Post
Yea man the whole ''No Recovery'' thing scared me a little as for your questions Mark i'm 26 and no i don't take vitamins and honestly despite being a wrestler i really don't eat healthy to be honest im in one town and out the next and run my own business when i do come in so i'm sure stress has tons to do with it,regardless of what people say i expect a full recovery for sure
I disagree with Mark on his views of the potential for recovery, but I'm in agreement with him that you need to be willing to make some sacrifices to make this situation better. For me to get where I am now from where I was 3 years ago (when I was at my worst) or 6 years ago (when I initially hit my head), I had to give up alcohol, tobacco, soda, candy, fast food, and put my life's plans on hold to give myself a low stress environment to heal in. That's a lot of lifestyle changes, but I'm sure you can understand that it has been absolutely worth it.

The point here is that Mark and I probably disagree on a lot of things, but I am absolutely in agreement with him that you probably aren't going to get too far if you're unwilling to make any changes to your lifestyle to improve your situation. Particularly if you're still wrestling, things are a lot more likely to get worse than they are to get better with that mindset.

Albert Einstein once defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Miracles do happen, but sitting around waiting for one to happen isn't a good treatment philosophy. If you want to make sure you get beyond where you are right now, you need to be willing to make some sacrifices to help yourself get better.
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shezbut (02-15-2009)