View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Great comment by PCS McGee

It appears the only thing we may disagree on is the recovery issue. Not unexpected since most neurologist would agree with you. That is why many in the MTBI community consider ourselves the invisible wounded. The neuros will say we are fully recovered just because they did a standard neuro test. Often they do not even do a MMSE (Mini Mental Status Exam) and say we are fully recovered. Some will say we are fully recovered because they have nothing more to offer us and do not want to get hate mail from our health insurance company for submitting a bill for seeing a patient who is "healed."

I can look back at my 44 years since my first bad MTBI. During my good times, I would have thought I was fully recovered. During times of stress, I knew I was not. When I finally decided to make decisions based on my brain injury history and stopped trying to force results that I could never achieve (I am an optimist and entrepreneurial, so I take on risks and new challenges), my life started to stabilize. Until then it was a roller coaster. My successes would trigger a decompensation (relapse) and the cycle would start again.

There is another worthwhile saying.

An fool does not learn from his own mistakes.
A smart man learns from his own mistakes.
A wise man learns from OTHERS' mistakes.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote