View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 09:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyruth View Post
Hi Nancy. I am new to the site but I had to register when I saw your post. I had a right carotid arterial aneurysm at the base of my brain clipped over 3 years ago. In fact it will be 4 years this coming April. I had my surgery on a Tuesday and went home on Saturday with strict instructions from my surgeon to do absolutely nothing until I saw him in one week. I don't think he wanted to send me home that soon. I did everything my surgeon told me to do but I still ended up with a sub-dural hematoma. About four days later, I ended up back in the hospital for about 8 days or so. I think that if the insurance company (probably) hadn't forced my surgeon to release me so soon I might not have ended up back in the hospital. Who really knows. I had some right eye vision changes but nothing significant. Some of my memories seem to be gone but my surgeon thinks that is a result of the sub-dural hematoma more than the surgery. They made my scar just under the edge of my hairline. They did an awesome job in hiding it. My main instructions upon leaving the hospital was rest, rest, rest. My doctors didn't want me to do anything. I wasn't allowed to drive right away though. I think I had to wait just a couple of weeks or so. Long enough for the healing of the skull and stuff to begin. I do know that I was tired for awhile after the sugery. Oh yeah, and my jaw was really sore for several days and achy for several more days after that. Other than that, it really wasn't so bad. I will say a prayer for you. When I went into the hospital for my surgery everyone asked me if I was scared. I really wasn't. I had the attitude that if I died during surgery I won, because I got to go to heaven and see my mom and grandma and all those loved ones that have gone before me. If I lived (and somehow I knew everything was going to be okay) I still won because I got to stay here with my wonderful husband and sons. God Bless you. You will do great.
Thanks, it will be 3 weeks after surgery on Tuesday the 17th, I get tired still quickly, nap almost daily, today 3 hr one, but my daughter has been taking me out to window shop, and today I walked more then usual. The family thinks I should slowly build up, I think it is still early. Dr said no driving until after follow up on March 9th. No ligting over 5 lbs, easy on steps.
Nancy0708 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote