View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thank God, I don't have to worry about this any more.

They invited me over for coffee and muffins last night. She came on the porch and I said "I have the information you needed (I was about to tell her that she needs to find a good divorce lawyer and protect herself). She says "come in and we'll talk" Because her mother is all upset over this, I wanted to tell her this privately but she said "oh my mother knows all about it, come inside".

So there I am all nervous because I KNOW WHAT THE HUSBAND SAID TO ME:

And she blurts out "my husband bought a house, I found out today". "He's telling everybody".

I then had my moment. I said "Oh, Alan and I met up with him today and he informed us as well. And I proceeded to tell her (I doctored it up), but SHE KNEW EVERYTHING.

I then said "you know he probably used the money he had stashed away to buy this house, right?" and she said : "Oh, it's where all his single friends live".

I then said "you really need to find a good divorce attorney, he'll protect YOUR rights, and from what I'm hearing, well you better act on SOMETHING here because you have a house and you have to find assets, (she and I have talked this, and she knows what she has to do).

Will she do this? I don't think so. I looked at her and from what I was hearing, she doesn't get any of this.

She said 'I thought I was going to be protected, I married straight out of my father's home, they protected me, I got married at 19 and I thought he would take care of me for the rest of my life".

I said "well, when you speak to your attorney, you'll tell him everything that has happened and you have to give him ALL THE INFO that you know about your husband, for example, what assets that you know he has, what income he gets from Social Security".

She then responded:

"Oh, I don't know what he gets, he has never told me his income in all our 30 years together". I just looked at her and said "I beg your pardon".

She said 'we don't have the same bank accounts". I said "what do you mean, you don't have access to your husband's information, you don't know what he gets from Social Security every month"?

She said "I haven't known his income for 30 years."

I said 'I know you were young when you married him, but after all these years, you never once said "hey, what do you make a week?"

She laughed and said "Every time I did he told me to shut up, that it was none of my business".

He has stopped paying the gas. He told her "your name is on the gas bill, you are responsible" and he wrote her a note saying "my lawyer says that because we own the house together, but because I'VE BEEN THE ONE PAYING THE BILLS ALL THESE YEARS, you don't get any half of the house, THE HOUSE IS MINE!!"

I looked at her and said "Monday morning, please call a GOOD divorce laywer.

"you're going to need one".

She said "but he has to take care of me, we've been married for over 30 years".

I said "From what my friends have been telling me IT'S WHO HAS THE BEST ATTORNEY' "You need to stand up for yourself and protect your right".

Her mother then chimed in "She's not going anywhere, and he's blowing smoke".

Good Lord. I then politely said "I can't get in the middle, you know what to do, and I wish you the best".

Then I changed the subject.

That's it for me. I'm not getting in the middle of a marital spat (especially when the woman KNOWS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what her husband has been doing for 30 years)

I thank you all for your sage wisdom. I've passed it on and that's it!!

lol

Melody
P.S. I again went home and kissed Alan. He laughed.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-15-2009)