View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJZH View Post
I just received a call today from Disability to say I was approved...It was my first time without an appeal..I applied in September. I should be getting a check according to them sometime within the next week or so...Regular checks will start in January...I think...
GJZ, Congratulations! Two months is not common, but mine didn't go beyond 3 months. I was turned down, just on the basis of the things I filled out myself, but the second time, they had a description of the extent of problem and how much my life was restricted, making it impossible for me to be self-supporting. So it is possible - so much of it depends on the SS-paid examiner, tho sometimes your doctors write tremendous descriptions of your limitations, the disabilities from pain and necessary meds.

SO CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so glad you and your chldren will have a secure feeling this Christmas - and yes, your first check will be in January. I set up automatic deposit 3 years ago and I have never had a single problem - and sometimes early deposits because of weekends and holidays. I never have to worry about checking the mail, then hurrying to the bank to cover the rent. So I even have an automatic check cut to get in by the 1st each month because I know it will be covered.

Merry Christmas and HURRAY for the system working quickly and appropriately!!

Teri
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote