Thread: Could it be?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 11:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Could it be?

Hello
I am wondering could I possibly have RSD/CRPS. I think the only symptom that possibly coincides is burning cold areas on both upper arms, right worse than left, and left hip/thigh area. I also have burning feet, legs, hands and arms. Feels like hot wind stinging these areas. I see no change in color and no edema. I cannot relate to any virus or injury except possibly a left torn rotator cuff about two years ago. I did not have surgery for this. The shoulder froze then slowly thrawed to about 90%. If I watch what I do it is totally functional. The burning, etc. began about 18 months ago or about six months after the torn rotator cuff (which was definitely diagnosed as a full thickness tear per MRI). I have been totally tested for peripheral neuropathy because that it what it appeared to be (cbc, lytes, thyroid, B12, heavy metal, sed rate, crp, auto immune tests, emg, ncv and even skin biopsy). All of these have been negative. There is no particular stress in my life except for this as I am very uncomfortable and find I cannot stand many fabrics on my skin or have to turn them inside out as I find the outside often is smoother than the inside). Some on the PN forum have mentioned crps but upon much investigation I cannot really find any specifics that sound like me other than the burning/cold/temperature/fabric specifics. I feel the neurologists I have seen have "dismissed" me...What next to do as I feel things are progressing. I almost wish for something "visual", then maybe I would be taken seriously. Thanks for these forums and the ability to "vent"!
sbvcrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote