View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Evonne!..Good luck with your appointment..Ive been in out out of some depression too, and anxiety..Not as symptomatic the past few days though..I havent been shuffling around at all..But I knew that the shuffling was tied to emotional stress, and as the stress disapates, I find myself feeling much better..As Ive mentioned, stress puts me down big time..Any kind of emotional turmoil does, and the grander the turmoil, the worse the symptoms..So Ive been keeping myself busy, and getting out of the house, and doing things

I got on the scale today, and Im at 168 lbs!..I was 197 in October..I havent been trying to lose weight and have been eating good..This is strange!

A few days ago I started getting my boat ready to put back in the water..I had bought a new transducer for my depth sounder because I was having trouble with the sounder, and discovered that the wire was pulling out of the transducer..So I pulled the old one out and replaced it

Then I hit the power tilt and trim button, and nothing was happening..So I fiddled around with the wires on the trim pump, and it worked again..Hope it keeps working..I have a bad feeling about that..Also filled up the pump reservoir with hydraulic oil

Then the teleflex streering was jammed up solid, so I had to disconnect everything from the steering ram, and tap it back through the steeering tube on the outboard, and clean the shaft off with steel wool, and clean the steering tube out as well..Oil everything, and put it back together, and work the steering back and forth, untill it was reasonably loose

The I hit the pot hauler switch, and the damned hauler discs were jammed up right solid..The discs were full of scale rust, and the rope knife was hanging up on it, so I screwed around trying to chip the scale rust off the discs with a screw driver....so the rope knife wouldnt jam it up, with no luck..This is what you do out of desperation, when you try to Mickey Mouse something with out taking it apart like you're supposed to..So, I ended up taking the two disks off, pounded the scale rust off of them, and hit them with a grinder to clean them off good..put it back together, and voo-waa-la!!..Works like brand new..What a concept!!..I hadnt even looked at that damn boat since I hauled it out four months ago, and thats what happens when you let stuff sit around on a boat..Everything either gets glued or comes unglued

My buddy Danny came over this morning and we put her back in the water..The motor ran great..Shhhhhhhhhh!!

Then finally I took a ride down to the beach and picked four buckets of rocks to put under the bow to compenste for the weight of the cabin, gas, and batteries in the stern..It only took two buckets, but the exercise did me good..Back in business!..Tomorrow Im gonna hang a new set of 16' clam tongs, and Tuesday Im going to work

Life is what happens when you're not fishing

Last edited by stevem53; 02-15-2009 at 06:32 PM.
stevem53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (02-16-2009), Evonne (02-16-2009)