Thread: Hope
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 05:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What a great thread. I have been thinking about hope a lot of late. When we thought for sure Mom was not going to make it the night,,,, when they told us she might not make it the week... etc etc... I never gave up hope. People all around me where fatalistic, but I refused to give up hope. More important, I let her see my hope.

I believe, hope is something you must strive for and work towards. Hope alone, is not what made my Mom survive when many thought she had no chance, but it surly didn't hurt! Hope is contagious... she saw mine and it gave her some. I know it gave her strength, you could see the effect.

Life is a war. You can fight or surrender. I believe hope plays a large part in your choice. Me, I will never surrender. I crash and burn, I fall apart... but I will never give up. I will fight until I just know I have nothing left, and then I will dig deeper to find more strength. Right now, I am in many battles - I am battered and scarred to my core.... but I will find a way to pick myself up and march on.

Never give up my friends

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Last edited by Nik-key; 02-15-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-16-2009), barbo (02-16-2009), BlueMajo (02-27-2009), mistiis (02-16-2009), pono (02-22-2009), who moi (02-16-2009)