View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Dear BJ

Every time you think of that book,try to as if it where a TV program,to change the channel. Think of it as a TV program,and change the channel. Also try to not think of those thoughts that you cannot get out of your head for 15 minutes at least. Those thoughts should decrease in intensity. It could be making steps toward being able to do it in the future. There is allot of hope dear BJ.

All of this is hard. You where dreaming about these things. I grit my teeth in my sleep,so that shows that these things are deeply ingrained in our thoughts.

I have recently tried this changing the channel away from these unpleasant thoughts technique in my mind. I'm working on keeping my thoughts off those disturbing thoughts for 15 minutes.

My counsellor is teaching me this. I write down the worry,or burden on a piece of paper which I save. I mark off the problems that I aggrandized in my thoughts later when they have been taken care of.

I've had some very vivid dreams recently. Two nights in a row I have dreamed about my family members. One night it was unpleasant,and the next night the dreams where pleasant of my family. BF
Brokenfriend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (02-16-2009), who moi (02-16-2009)