View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been reading your posts and taking all the information in. They have been MOST helpful and I am MOST appreciative.
I've had a very busy week and a particularly busy weekend. So, getting some much needed input was greatly helpful and comforting as well.

The kitty is doing very well. She is eating like a horse!

She seems to like living in the back yard. She has made herself a home out of a tilted large flower pot!

My husband is totally GA GA over the cat and I am GA
LOL! She is sooooo cute! I have been most contemplative (see below).

My dog is having a complete nervous breakdown. She discovered today that we are feeding the cat wet cat food which is what the vet originally suggested. We give the dog dry dog food..which she got use to. NOW she is UPSET. I found a small can of wet dog food and gave her some to make sure she didn't have a FIT. I'm fairly sure this dog has reasoning powers.

So...Mrs. D...tell me about this Eukanuba? Is it wet or dry? Can I mix wet and dry cat food together? Any advantages of doing this? I'm thinking of doing this now with my doxie ...a tiny bit of both (so I don't have a revolt on my hands).

Thank you both for warning me about no baths or even wipes and giving me ideas on what to do next.

Seems I'll need to buy a comb....

When she gets healthier, we'll take her back to the vet to discuss vacinations.

We are having family discussions re: a name. The one that seems most likely is Cupcake.

THIS MIGHT BRING A TEAR TO YOUR EYE...IT DOES TO MINE....
Your stories were so accurate and so touching. They hit me hard.
Many years ago, a female cat walked into my life. She LITERALLY WALKED THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR. I had a dog...she didn't care. She made herself at home. I threw her out. The next day, I opened the door to get the mail, and she came back in. This went on for several days, and I just gave up and fed her. She parked herself on the chair for 18 years! When I was pregnant with my son, she parked herself on my stomach!!!!
She stayed there for 8 months. I had a difficult pregnancy. I was scared. She helped me. She kept me company. She looked mighty funny on top of my big stomach...I was HUGE! I NEVER put the cat there...she just showed up one day on her own and from the beginning. I delivered one month early. When the baby came...she left my tummy and stayed in the bassinet. I was AMAZED. I've had lots of pets come and go. I always cry when the end comes. But when this one passed on...I cried very, very hard. To this day, sometimes when I think of her...my eyes tear up.l

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 02-16-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (02-17-2009), just drea (02-16-2009), LavandulaCanadensis (02-16-2009), misshayleesmom (02-20-2009), waves (02-18-2009)