View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I take Abilify

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaP56 View Post
I have a long history of depression - probably all my life. When faced with too many trials in life I feel like 'why do I put up with this - it is more logical to end it all '- yet I don't but these thoughts keep pestering me. My P-Doc is now prescribing Abilify (2mg to start) in addition to the Lexapro and Deplin I already take. I read all the horror side effects and I feel very anxious about taking it. My Integretive doctor would never approve. I'm a diabetic and 50 lbs overweight as it is - I don't need to gain weight nor increase my blood sugar. Nor do I need restlessness - another side effect. I also suffer from fibromaygla, anxiety, chronic fatique, hypertension and other medical problems. Has anyone had any significant side effects at a low dose (2mg)?
for Bipolar disorder type I. It works AMAZINGLY. best drug I ever took. BUT---It has caused tardive dyskinesia, a very very serious side effect you should look up if you don't know about. So I am weaning off of it. It is a rare side effect and you probably wouldn't get it, but maybe you would.
dustofsnow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just drea (02-16-2009)