Thread: Dementia
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dementia

Hello, I am new to this forum and actually this is the first time I have ever posted to any forum. So I hope I do this correctly. I recently lost my father to an extended illness and now I think my Mother is showing signs of dementia. At first I thought it was confusion associated with grief. She recently broke her wrist and is stayed at my home for 10 days and she constantly would asked the same questions over and over. So much so that we would finish a conversation about someone and the next sentence was... I have been meaning to ask you about so and so. The same person! This would happen 10-12 times a day. Also my Mom and I met someone at a gathering and had a conversation with this person ad my Mother stepped away to get a coke and she returned to introduce herself to the person we just had met. I am distressed to think of her beginning the dementia and now as I contemplate the last couple of years I think she has been exhibiting these signs for a while. I guess I am writing to ask what do I do now? Do I tell her she needs to be evaluated. Do I broach this subject on the heels of my fathers death 9 months ago? and now a broken arm? I suspect I know the answer and wonder if anyone else has some advise for me. I would welcome any words of wisdom. Deb
debf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote