View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
as far as social security benefits go the money wouldnt come out of his check, she would get 50% of what he is getting in addition, if she met the requirements, so its no skin off of his teeth if she gets money at 62.

as i said before in new york state inheritance would be his, appreciation or interest on what was inherited would be marital property. Every state is different, that is why lawyers are the only ones who win in contested divorces.

i remember a number of years ago Joan Lunden the newscaster had a fit because she had to pay her ex husband alimony. the sad part is not the divorce but the emotional warfare that goes on because one person or the other tries to grab more than what is legally fair or becomes embittered and makes a war of revenge out of it.
Divorce is hell

especially so when the man calls the woman a slut, a whore and tells the whole neighborhood that she's a pig (believe me, she's not).

He's been doing this FOR YEARS!!

Why people stay in these marriages is beyond my comprehension.

I think it has to do with the fact that these women get married at 19 and have never ever been on their own. Somebody has always taken care of them.

So what happens 25 or 30 years later when the kids are grown, and out, and the man decides to UP AND LEAVE!!!!

The woman is not prepared for this. She's living in her bubble and there she wants to stay.

This bubble is soon to be broken.

sigh!!

Thanks for all the good information.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote