View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sounds familiar

I just sent my first post today. My son, 19 now, went over the handlebars of his bike in Aug. 2007. The right side of his face was one massive abrasion. He did go to ER but they sent him home with diagnosis of concussion. They did not do an MRI. We watched over my son for the next few days but he was perfectly normal. Three months later we noticed when he was home from college, an odd comment or an unusual reaction to something. His girlfriend reported to us that he wasn't socializing with his friends. In January 08, 5 mos. after the accident everything accelerated and worsened and for months my son was treated for mental illness related diseases. Then finally a savvy neurologist saw my son and told us he thought he had TBI from the bike accident. But the bike accident happened months ago we said. Then we learned that symptoms often don't show up for months later as in the case w/our son. It's been a nightmare ever since and I think my son has those same feelings that you do. He feels like he will never be helped. It's an endless cycle. Worse thing for us is, and maybe for you, we dont know if there's an end in sight.
lynnschreiber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote