View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you! And a vent...

I just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions on how to get through the MRI I had last week! I did it!! I made it through.

I just got my results and they were negative for MS!!! I'm so thankful, and I'm so sorry for the rollercoaster you all are on with this terrible disease! The nurse didn't talk with the neurologist before calling me back as she said it was very clear in the report that I don't have any lesions or evidence of de-mylenation (sp?), but that I do have a large cyst in my sinus...she said "And this was a brain MRI, not a sinus MRI, so I'm thinking it must be a pretty significant mass if it showed up on your brain MRI." So I asked her about my symptoms and the "next steps", and she said the neuro's notes said he didn't want to see me back unless something changes. REALLY?!?! I'm confused, grateful, but confused. He made it sound like there would be other tests he wanted to do if my MRI came back negative. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. She chalked it all up to Fibro, sensory issues, bowel and bladder control issues, etc, she said it certainly sounded like MS, but it must just be the Fibro. I feel like I just got dumped.

Thanks for listening!
HopeSprings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (02-18-2009), dmplaura (02-17-2009), SallyC (02-16-2009)