View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Sue,

NOT Canon in D....Pachebel was very proud of his materpiece and he took great pride in it...

your post really hits the cord with me as I am sure with many others...

there is such a fine line between pride and narcissism. How much is too much and how little is too little?

I see that a lot of people that are narcissitic actually have very low self-esteems on the inside...I feel that they feel a certain emptiness so they overdwell on the positives that they have but to such a point that they only throw their positives at you and never share the negative and their vulnerabilities...

I see pride as more of a balance between the positive and the negatives and not dwelling on neither...that we all should be proud of our innate talents but with humility...

but it is a delicate one and one that can be thrown off easily and tipped...and of course, easier said than done..*sigh..

I struggle with pride...

I feel like I need more of it...

but everytime my past plays with my head or people pick and tease me...my arduously amassed pride would quickly go down the drain...

however, in the past few years, I've learnt to keep a reserve of it...it is not much, but it is somewhere in a tank that I have refused to let go....it is not only self-preservation but also surviving the beast...

the beast can knock us down to the point that we'll NOT believe ANYONE in this world that we need to take pride in ourselves....

when we get to that point, our bestest of friends or relatives can say the kindest and truest things and we will still CHOOSE not to believe it...because we'll feel like we're being patronized rather than believing in what they're encouraging us with...

having that reserve to truly believe IN something is what I've learnt to savor and put a big cork on...

don't get me wrong, it is still very hard, but I feel like I have grown to the point that with each time that I get knocked down, I have enough reserve to pick me up again....

Aristotle was a smart man...he praised pride but he spoke against hubris...

narcissism when knocked down, is nothing but a beautiful flower standing alone by the water...

pride will make us run alone side other lions...caring for one another, just like a PRIDE would...

pride is NEVER lonely...

hubris and narcississm always are....

~~~~~~~~~

and to our dear brave wren, the brave lion....your talent is something that awes me as well as many others....don't you let anyone tell you no..and I hope someday you'll show us more of your artwork, past, present, or future...

~~~~~~~~~

Sarah, you should take pride in the person that you are and how special you are...especially with all you've been through....

~~~~~~~~~

mist and Alpho, you both have beautiful paint brushes with your words....music to moi's ears....

~~~~~~~~~~

sue, I hope those small steps will reveal to us one day, of the rich colors that you already painted with your words...

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 02-16-2009 at 02:38 PM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pono (03-01-2009)