View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 03:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Linmarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmarie View Post
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for a long time due to the muscle spasms I have. I know that some of you get them and am hoping that you can help me. What do you do for them? Do you know what causes them? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Linmarie
Hi Linmarie,
I have had full body rsd/crps for 20 years in July. I suffer with muscle spasms, tremors and weakness. I have muscle spasms in all extremities and rib cage area. I have been prescribed 20 mg of baclofen 3 x per day as needed. The baclofen for me is very helpful. I too, have been suffering from spasms more than normal lately. I think for me at this time, high stress levels are possibly a contributing factor to the increase in spasms.
How long have you had RSD? Have you spoken to your doctor about the spasms? I would suggest you speak to your doctor and see what he might feel is appropriate treatment.
I'm sure many of us suffer, spasms, tremors and weakness and you will get some other advise that you will find helpful. I certainly hope the spasms settle down as I know they can be very painful.
Take care, I hope you can get them under control . Hugs Di
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote