Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New here

Hello everyone. I need a support group.

I have had atypical TN for 10 years now. I was in denial for most of it, thinking that they must be wrong. I’d read the boards here and decided that most everyone here had it so much worse than me that this could not be what I have.

When I got pregnant I stopped taking all my meds. Surprisingly I did quite well during the pregnancy. I hurt some, but nothing too serious. My son is 18 months old now, and the TN has come back. This time I am no longer in denial.

I went to my new family physician and asked to be put back on Lyrica. She gave me a rx for 100mg 3x a day, and Lortab. I have been in so much pain! My ear and cheek seem to hurt 24/7 along with stabbing pains in my lips and cheek. I’ve had a headache almost daily for the last 2 months. The meds are not helping, and I can’t sleep. Every time I fall asleep I roll over onto the left side and then the pain intensifies. My gums are on fire! I feel like if I could pull out my teeth that my gums would calm down. My ear feels like there is an ice pick in it.

My family tries to be sympathetic, but they really have no way of understanding what I’m going through. I hate the wind… I hate the air vents… I hate the pillow… I hate the shower. I am miserable. I feel like everyone wants me to “suck it up” and move on. I can’t…. I am scared of going outside, I’m scared to chew my food, even cold drinks are starting to bother me. It’s hard to live like this.
aleaha21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote