View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 05:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverr6 View Post
No I don't take anti-depressants and I have been sleeping, really I have had no cognitive shortcomings at all, which is a good thing. I have had the same experiences with Therapists, nothing about recovery really just acceptance and "it is what it is" attitude that I should adapt. Doctors have been a real disappointment as well, I felt no real desire to help from them just endless test that cost thousands and offer no resolution to the problem. I dropped all of them, and decided to just go it alone day by day hour by hour sometimes, but I tell you it is hard and I am tired, but I have a family to support so I keep going. I truly feel trapped inside my head, trapped by my circumstance. I still have a lot of anger, a bump to the head and life as you know it is over.... what a cruel joke that is.
Man does your story ever sound familiar.... I have been dealing with post concussion for 21/2 years now. It has gotten better but very slowly, and sometimes going backwards for periods. I just came onto this site recently and would like to rececommend something that has put me back on the "normal" map! Magnesium/ Calciaum pills! Someone else mentioned them on here and I started taking them last week. This is the best I've felt in years! that "foggy" feeling with associated dizziness is pretty much gone! (knock on wood) I can definitely tell I'm not 100% but I can focus and have normal conversation with eye to eye contact without feeling like I'm just stuck in my head! If that makes any sense... I don't know who you are but don't give up. This thing might take a couple-few years to get out of. I know it sucks...But I'm that guy who loved his job to, was very outgoing and loved life to the fullest, and then had it stripped away in an instant.

Things are defintitely better for me today and I'm happy to be here. I have found that I've had to re-invent myself in some ways. At least for the time being.

I've been doing a lot of research on this lately and if I find anything I'll definitely post it here. I'm not kidding about the Magnesium/ calcium pills though! What a difference they've made.

Keep on keepin' on!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jrunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote