View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default memory problems!

Evonne,
Your doctor's appointment episode could have been written by me. I too missed my appointment with my neurologist last week. I thought it was at 4.00pm on friday, but in fact it was at 3.00pm. Doctors office called me at 3'15 to see where I am, and were nice enough to accommodate me for a 15min appointment if I made it there by 3.45pm

Despite using my planners, electronic as well as paper ones , I had already missed a couple of appointments (with diff doctors and a MRI!) prior to last week and I was mad at myself for not paying attention to what I write down.
I get in the car quite upset and worried about recent changes in my mental status. To keep me calm, I started the radio and was listening to NPR. WIht all these thoughts and activities, I didnt realize I was heading south on I-5 rather than north. Had I continued I would have ended up at the Mexican border!! Half way through I realized what I did and turned back. Needless to say, I was nowhere near the doctors office to make it my appointment

This episode made me quite upset and stressed me out. That made my symptoms worse and that was even more annoying. Thank God its a long weekend and I have time to recover!

Thanks for your post, though I feel bad for you (and for me), feels good to know I have company!!
Girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Evonne (02-16-2009)