View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Okay...I feel a little better about the appt. mix up...

This afternoon my husband found the original paper stating my appointment date and time. It was SUPPOSED to be at 8:40...so I was right! I called the doctors office to let them know that I found the original paper with the time on it, and to inquire about what happened this morning. They left a message on my home phone on Thursday last week confirming my appointment was at 8:00, but not stating that the time had changed from the original appointment time of 8:40. My husband had heard the message and told me that they had called to confirm the date and time. Earlier last week I had called the office to double check the time and I got a phone call back from one of the girls. She left a message on my cell phone stating the 8:40 time as well. I never listened to the message left on Thursday because I had just gotten the message on my cell phone a few days before. The explanation that I got today was that sometimes they rearrange the appointment times to better accomodate the needs of the patients and allow more time if needed. That is great and all, but they should definitely specify when leaving a message that the time of the appointment has been changed and request that the patient call back to discuss whether or not the new time will work out. I am sure that my husband would have passed that information along to me. Also, she mentioned switching over to a new appointment scheduling system. I have a feeling that there might have been a mistake somewhere in that area as well...who knows???

I had to get to the bottom of this...it was driving me nuts! I kept running over and over it in my head all morning. I don't get the kids out the door for school until 7:30 and the doctors office is a good 40-45 minute drive on a good day. I never would have scheduled an appointment at 8:00am without making plans for my mom to help get the kids off to school so that I could leave the house earlier. That is the kind of stuff that you have to think about when you have kids. It just didn't make sense to me. All this being said...at least it all makes sense to me now. I will be at the doctors office with bells on...at 6:30am on Wednesday! Wish me luck!

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote