Thread: Do I Have TOS?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You're a good man, making Valentine's Day special for your wife. I'm sure she appreciates it.

...but when I would make a nice meal, it would exacerbate my symptoms to the max. I could get through the cooking part and wouldn't be able to enjoy with my family. bummer... made our friends and family feel uneasy at times because I would be crumpled up in my nest, apparently looking very painwrecked. My arms were killing me. I love to cook. You see the problem?

I'm doing much better nowadays. last year enjoyed gardening again... not without pain but I did enjoy it. Gardening is backbreaking work in itself. It was good for me. I paced myself and did what I could. Actually had a good garden. Did some canning. It's good stuff. Fresh... ummm

I do have right leg issues. I have low back issues and neck issues that could be causing that, I assume, and many doctors gave me that impression. Stretches, Yoga, traction, E-stim , Kineso Tape, hot showers and light therapy help leg issues for me. NOT walking on the treadmill. I still did that though, for the rest of my body. Treadmill increased leg pain tremendously. Hurt for days... and days ran into the next treadmill exercise. Could only tolerate 20 minutes for several years. then worked up to 30 for years. Now I'm going 45+, faster, getting in more miles, without leg pain. Doesn't keep me up at night. (Holding my breath) I'm very thankful for that relief. still can't do concrete and steps without issues happening to my spine. I'm working on that

Keeping asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjeans View Post
My main problem is that I convince myself it's my heart... I have written below why I convince myself that is my heart:

Aching / numbing arm and chest pains do come on, quite often after eating unhealthy meals.(But with these symptoms I can then go and play football, go for a walk, etc). The other thing is that I occasionally get the symptoms without the associated inflammation around the shoulder - usually the weak arm.

I am 30 years old, 12 stone in weight, I have led a fairly healthy lifestyle and never been really overweight. I spend 10 years at uni and worked and played very hard (going clubbing 5 nights a week at my worst..) and got involved in some chemistry research where I was a bit stupid and probably inhaled some pretty nasty stuff (rare earth heavy elements, lanthanides). Oh.. I mean proper chemistry not recreational drugs!

So thats why I'm a bit messed up in the head... you have no idea how happy I am now I can talk to people who understand!

Last night was typical... Cooked a nice meal (not very healthy) for the wife, and had some champagne and wine(valentines day).. Throughout the evening my inflammation was flaring, and my arm going weak and recovering again. This morning I woke - inflammation apparently gone but my arm was feeling weak and a bit numb. Sat on the couch had a strong coffee and some toast and the inflammation kicked off again!

My leg goes a bit numb as well - this has been getting proressively worse - it aches quite bad sometimes after excercise. I do have spondylosis at the base of my spine which could be attributed to this. Anyone else have side effects in the legs?

Thanks again everyone for reading and listening. Its so important right now for me.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote