View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused RSD spread and med changes

Hello all! In the past several weeks, my RSD has spread quickly to the bottoms of my feet (it had just been on the tops) and now my palms as well. My feet literally feel like someone has hammered them a hundred times and then lit them on fire. They ache and burn all the time and it is VERY painful to walk. I wear cushy slippers around the house which is the only way I can walk in the first place. First, does anyone have any feedback as to whether that is smart in the long run (to cushion my feet that is) or is it exacerbating the sensitivity??

Second, my palms have recently started burning and changing colors. I think the RSD is just getting started in them......it only feels like I have a bad chemical burn and they turn bright red or splotchy when I try to hold something. They are sensitive to any temperature of water and turn colors when I get them wet as well.

Ok....I just got back from my Pain Doc. He has scheduled me an epidural block (instead of the sympathetic nerve blocks I got a month ago) to try to reach both feet at the same time (where the worst of my pain is). He also took me off of Seroquel for sleep (which I am nervous about because it is the ONLY thing that I've found that makes me sleep) and gave me Amitriptyline to take at night instead. He also took me off of Lyrica and has given me Cymbalta instead. Can anyone give me feedback on these drugs??

I have only had RSD for 2 1/2 months. It is spreading so quickly.....I am scared to death. I just want it to STOP. My hands are cramping as I type this. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for replying!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (02-17-2009), Curious (02-17-2009)