View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 01:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
I ahve heard that Mayo is not a top treatment center for TOS.

I think the tops are likely the Denver docs and then here in LA there are a few really good ones. I also believe there may be some at baylor in Texas.

Where are you located?
I would throw Dr. Atasoy's name in the hat. He's world renowned. He's located in Louisville, KY. I think he performs his surgeries at the Jewish Hospital. Very good hospital. I do believe in him. I just got to him too late and was, at that time, still very confused by Dr. Powell's statements to me, "that I did not have TOS, work hard on PT, God bless you."

Dr. Atasoy has guided me and been very patient with me. He has been correct in what he has told me. He's offered to be there anytime I need to talk to him. and he now will also say I'm not a surgical candidate. I've done well under his care. I get help and relief from his care and advice. I asked him questions. He gave me answers that are true for my conditions. He also asked questions. very intutitive person. It does make a difference what your doctors tell you to do or not to do. He's a great healer even though he would rather have done bilateral rib resections and scalenectomies.

I will provide more info on Dr. Atasoy if anyone wants it...
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote