Thread: Cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cymbalta has helped with my pain

Hello all, this is my first post here.
I am Thirty six years old and was in pretty good shape until about two years ago I was injured when I was rear ended in a car accident.
four months ago I had an artificial disc put in my lumbar spine. Where as this helped a great deal whith ny low back pain,istill experience burning and shooting pain in my legs although to a lesser degree than previously.
Also since the car accident i have suffered from excruciating constant neck pain accompanied by pain in my arms hands and face as well as incapacitaing
headaches. And the diagnosis for what was causing all of the upper extremity pain was pretty difficult to obtain.
I recently saw a DR in LA who diagnosed me with Bilateral Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
During all of the Chronic pain and difficulties with ins, lawyers, drs, etc. As well as the fact that my life changed dramatically somewhat quicly. I became very
depressed It got bad enough that I started seeing a therapisto , and I asked my family dr to prescribe an antidepressant, which ended up being Cymbalta.
My side effects were not terrible and subsided within the first few weeks.
Cymbalta helped incredibly,I find my mood is a lot better, and i dont cry everytime i see a sad commercial on tv!!
I noticed one positive side effect of the drug is that it has helped take the edge off of some of the pain. However i am also taking Lyrica, Ultram & Motrin 800 for as well as Soma & Trazadone to help me sleep.
I do get very tire easily and mind you with my physical limitations i do very little anyway. I Forget lots of things and have a hard time concentrating.
so my point is with all of the meds i was already on its hard to know which is causing which side effects But the Cymbalta saved me from severe deprsession and anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slo life is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
warbelsnap (02-23-2009)